by scavola

by scavola - a place to showcase my books, and for readers to comment / contact me if they'd like.

gay fiction written by a gay man for gay men

twitter: @by_scavola / / email: byscavola@yahoo.com

(the'Duke' series and the 'ATL Engineering' series tabs above.)

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Twitter: #badwritingtips

@LynnFlewelling: Always add an adverb to your dialog tags, she said sagely. #badwritingtips
- I DO THAT, BUT APPROPRIATELY - TO DESCRIBE THEIR VOICE

@LynnFlewelling: #badwritingtips Always introduce your protagonist looking at his/her reflection in a mirror and describing each feature lovingly.
- I DID THAT IN DUKE 1

@gypsyroots: Kill your MC halfway through the novel. Once you establish a new one. Kill her, too. #badwritingtips
- I DID THAT IN DUKE 3

@gypsyroots: Writers know best. Especially new ones. Editors and agents are stupid. #badwritingtips
- I AGREE! (too many posers out there)

@gypsyroots: Semi-colons and exclamation marks change things up; use them often! #badwritingtips
- I LOVE SEMICOLONS!

@gypsyroots: Commas are like confetti. Toss them into the air and let them fall where they will. #badwritingtips
- I TRY TO KILL AS MANY AS I CAN!

@LeighAnnKopans: The rules don't apply to you. Your story and art are so brilliant, you don't need to worry about them. #badwritingtips
- I AGREE! (oh wait, she’s being sarcastic)

@by_scavola: there's a right/wrong way/formula for writing, that's why it's so easy and everybody gets published #badwritingtips

MY FAVORITE:

@jennbrissett: Describe all your characters of color like food. Her chocolate brown skin was enhanced by her almond eyes. #badwritingtips
- GUILTY OF USING 'COCOA'

No comments:

Post a Comment